Sunday, July 31, 2011

Birthday Card

This is my daughter's birthday card I made this year. I have had the image colored for some time, and decided to use it to make her card. I often sit and color images while my husband watches TV in the evening. The Sarah Kay image has been colored with Copic Markers. I have used Spellbinders Elegant Oval dies. I added dragonflies to 2 corners using Magnolia Dragonfly dies. The other 2 corners have mini roses with Martha Stewart punches. I have distressed the card with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo ink.

It was wonderful--I was able to celebrate Kelly's 27th birthday with her and my son, Kevin. They both live in Galt, CA and I live in Boise, ID. We went white water rafting on the South Fork of the Payette River. Wow--what an adventure!!! We went on the level 4 raft trip through Cascade Raft and Kayak. The raft flipped on its side and 5 of us fell out. Kelly and the 2 guides were the only ones to stay in. It was pretty scary for a while because it happened so fast and unexpectedly, but all went well after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment